How I Learned Test Automation in Ruby
by Željko Filipin
I’ve talked with people several times on how to get started on testing, test automation and Ruby, so I’ve decided to document it. It is mostly influenced by how I have learned it. It was years ago, so other resources might be available now.
Both books are short but highly recommended.
- Perfect Software And Other Illusions About Testing by Gerald M. Weinberg
- Lessons Learned in Software Testing by Cem Kaner, James Bach and Bret Pettichord
- Everyday Scripting with Ruby by Brian Marick - highly recommended.
- Programming Ruby by Dave Thomas, with Chad Fowler and Andy Hunt - I have probably read the first or the second edition, or both. A very good introduction to the language.
- Cucumber & Cheese by Jeff Morgan - opinionated but very good book on how to set up test automation project.
- The Selenium Guidebook by Dave Haeffner - I have not read it (yet), but I have found myself frequently visiting related newsletter archive.