Testival 2016, Rijeka, Croatia
by Željko Filipin
Photos from Rijeka, Croatia.
After short introduction, we have proposed topics.
I have proposed a few sessions:
- How to fail at test automation
- Don’t go to conferences
- Career development
- Freelance the hard way
I was not expecting that many of my topics will get enough votes, but surprisingly, the first three made it. I have participated in several sessions, I will mention a few:
- Selenium: My session was merged with a similar one, so the two of us gave an overview of Selenium project, with code examples.
- Game of set during lunch break: It was a lot of fun.
- How to fail at test automation: Stories of failed test automation projects.
- Don’t go to conferences: Tips on how to better use time and money to advance your career, instead of going to conferences. Also, if you decide to go to a conference, how to get the most out of it.
Keynotes were good, but I prefer sessions to talks.
Photos from Testival.
After the conference, we went to PEEK&POKE computer museum. As you can see from the photos, we had a great time.
Photos from PEEK&POKE.
TODO for next year:
- Lightning talks are the only track after lunch, 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare a few lightning talks. (I love lightning talks.)