viaqa 2013, Osijek, Croatia
by Željko Filipin
A few days ago I was at viaqa 2013 conference organised by Davor Banovic in beautiful Osijek. The first half of the day consisted of a few talks. I do not think talk titles are translated to English anywhere, so I will do my best:
- Stanislav Mihic: Testing and optimisation loading speed of web pages
- Manuel Vidonis: The basics of testing
- Karlo Šmid: Myths and legends about software testing
- Željko Filipin: How MediaWiki, software that runs Wikipedia, is tested
- Davor Banovic: Postmodern testing: Is there one big testing story
The second part of the day consisted of lightning talks. I was the moderator and I was pretty strict in enforcing the rules. Up to five minutes of the talk, and then up to five minutes of discussion. I do not think we have a list of lightning talks documented anywhere, so here it is (again doing my best with the translations):
- Manuel Vidonis: Automated vs. manual testing
- Neven Kristijan: Development methodologies and testing, experience report
- Ivijan Hadija: Stability testing of database queries (tools, optimisations)
- Goran Bokun: How to make sure there is enough budget to test, experience report
- Marko Škrabec: Test management tools
- Karlo Šmid: Journey to stars
- Tomislav Plavcic: Volunteering for Wikimedia
- Željko Filipin: From zero to hero
Some of the lightning talks were just a few minutes long, but I do not think any of the talks had less than five minutes of discussion. I always had to cut the discussion after five minutes.
I was one of the proud sponsors of the conference. My sponsorship was to buy juices and cookies.
I was really glad to see Tomislav Plavcic at the conference. He has been volunteering for us since DORS/CLUC conference.
After the talk a few of us continued to talk over a beer. I would like to thank Davor for organising the conference one more time and for hosting my family and me.tags: event - facebook - photo - speaker - testing - testival