FOSDEM 2018, Brussels, Belgium
by Željko Filipin
This was my third FOSDEM (2013, 2015). If you have been to one, you know that it is a wonderful mix of talks, stands, beer and thousands of developers. If you have not been to one yet, I would highly recommend it. The best way to stay organized is to use a mobile app like FOSDEM Companion.
- Testing Red Hat Enterprise Linux the Microsoft way (Testing and automation devroom)
- Open Food Facts: the wikipedia of food products (Lightning Talks)
- SystemTestPortal (Testing and automation devroom)
- Tips & Tricks to finance an Open Source Project without selling your soul (Lightning Talks)
The award for the best stand (Saturday) goes to VLC.
This photo says what kind of people run FOSDEM.
- Testing for testing (Perl Programming Languages devroom)
- Cumin: Flexible and Reliable Automation for the Fleet (Config Management devroom)
- Security Theatre (Security and Encryption)
- SatNOGS: Crowd-sourced satellite operations (Space)
- ZX Spectrum in the New Millenium (Retrocomputing devroom)
- Exploiting modern microarchitectures (Keynotes)
The award for the best stand (Sunday). Please notice the brick and pencils.
My first computer was ZX Spectrum, so this made my day.